Make file for 64 bit or libray for 64 bit

Feb 20, 2012 at 9:24 PM

Hi Chesso

I need to develope JAVA interface to MSMQ to run 2008 64 bit server.  I tried to combile using 64 bit and I got the following warning and Error. Could you please help me how I can fix this?

I use your make file.

Thanks,

Raja

==============

MsmqQueueNativeMethods.cpp
MsmqQueueNativeMethods.cpp(442) : warning C4267: 'initializing' : conversion fro
m 'size_t' to 'int', possible loss of data
MsmqQueueNativeMethods.cpp(514) : warning C4267: 'initializing' : conversion fro

MsmqQueue.cpp
MsmqQueue.cpp(72) : warning C4267: '=' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', poss
ible loss of data
MsmqQueue.cpp(86) : warning C4267: '=' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', poss
ible loss of data
MsmqQueue.cpp(156) : warning C4267: '=' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', pos
sible loss of data

if not exist obj\Debug\. (mkdir obj\Debug)
        C:\MicrosoftSDKs\Windows\v7.1\bin\rc.exe /DDEBUG /fo"obj\Debug\MsmqJava.res"  /I"C:\MicrosoftSDKs\Windows\v7.1\Include"   /I""C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC"\Include"  .\MsmqJava.rc
Microsoft (R) Windows (R) Resource Compiler Version 6.1.7600.16385
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

fatal error RC1107: invalid usage; use RC /? for Help
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'C:\MicrosoftSDKs\Windows\v7.1\bin\rc.exe' : return c
ode '0x1'
Stop.

===================================================

Coordinator
Feb 20, 2012 at 9:58 PM
I haven’t compiled for 64-bit as far as I recall.
The issue you are running into is “the standard one” when compiling a library for 64 bit use. You need to examine each line of code to determine whether to use size_t or some other type, or to cast to avoid the warning.
Good luck.
Sent: Monday, February 20, 2012 2:24 PM
To: [email removed]
Subject: Make file for 64 bit or libray for 64 bit [MsmqJava:332801]

Hi Chesso

I need to develope JAVA interface to MSMQ to run 2008 64 bit server. I tried to combile using 64 bit and I got the following warning and Error. Could you please help me how I can fix this?

I use your make file.

Thanks,

Raja

==============

MsmqQueueNativeMethods.cpp
MsmqQueueNativeMethods.cpp(442) : warning C4267: 'initializing' : conversion fro
MsmqQueueNativeMethods.cpp(514) : warning C4267: 'initializing' : conversion fro

MsmqQueue.cpp
MsmqQueue.cpp(72) : warning C4267: '=' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', poss
ible loss of data
MsmqQueue.cpp(86) : warning C4267: '=' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', poss
ible loss of data
MsmqQueue.cpp(156) : warning C4267: '=' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'int', pos
sible loss of data

if not exist obj\Debug\. (mkdir obj\Debug)
C:\MicrosoftSDKs\Windows\v7.1\bin\rc.exe /DDEBUG /fo"obj\Debug\MsmqJava.res" /I"C:\MicrosoftSDKs\Windows\v7.1\Include" /I""C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC"\Include" .\MsmqJava.rc
Microsoft (R) Windows (R) Resource Compiler Version 6.1.7600.16385
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

fatal error RC1107: invalid usage; use RC /? for Help
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'C:\MicrosoftSDKs\Windows\v7.1\bin\rc.exe' : return c
ode '0x1'
Stop.

===================================================

Feb 20, 2012 at 10:15 PM

Hi Cheeso,

Thank you for the quick response.  I understand the warning.  But I didn't understand the error for RC usage (last two paragraph).  I am not familiar with C++ or makeFile.  I would appreciate your help.

When I run for 32 bits I didn't get any error with you makefile.  Is there any different in RC usage for 64 bit?

Do you have any expereince about performance of using JAVA to receive messages from MSMQ? 

Thanks,

Raja

Coordinator
Feb 21, 2012 at 1:00 AM
The makefile in the download is designed for use with 32bit compilers.
I haven’t compiled for 64 bit; that explains why you are getting warnings.
I don’t have the answers you see regarding rc and so on.
As for performance, you will need to test it.
Good luck.
Sent: Monday, February 20, 2012 3:15 PM
To: [email removed]
Subject: Re: Make file for 64 bit or libray for 64 bit [MsmqJava:332801]

Hi Cheeso,

Thank you for the quick response. I understand the warning. But I didn't understand the error for RC usage (last two paragraph). I am not familiar with C++ or makeFile. I would appreciate your help.

When I run for 32 bits I didn't get any error with you makefile. Is there any different in RC usage for 64 bit?

Do you have any expereince about performance of using JAVA to receive messages from MSMQ?

Thanks,

Raja